Cognition and Learning Needs
Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Specific Learning Difficulties ( SpLD)
- We access the expertise and advice of the Special Educational Needs Teaching and Support Service (SENTASS) to ensure the needs of children are clearly identified.
- We buy the support of our own Educational Psychologist when and where needed.
- We buy the weekly support of a specialist dyslexia teacher to help support key children.
- We provide small group support with a focus on literacy or numeracy skills, depending on need.
- We use intervention programmes to improve literacy or numeracy skills- e.g Read Write Inc and Numicon.
- We provide resources to support children with specific needs- e.g. coloured overlays and reading rulers to help with reading for our dyslexic children.
- We buy packages proven to close gaps like Lexia and Nessy
- We use Dynamo Maths to target dyscalculia and mathematical delay
- We use interventions like Toe by Toe and Power of Two to ensure small steps of daily progress are made